Morehead and Rowan County have an abundance of outdoor recreation and entertainment opportunities.
- Cave Run lake sits in the northern most portion of the Daniel Boone National Forest. It boasts a 8,270 acre reservoir for boating, swimming and fishing. People come from many states to fish for muskie at Cave Run Lake.
- Two of the largest and most modern campgrounds in the Southern Region of the Forest Service can be found on the lake: Zilpo and Twin Knobs Recreation Areas.
- One of the First in the Commonwealth to become a designated Trail Town with the Sheltowee Trace running through Morehead State Univeristy and down Main Street in Morehead.
- Cave Run Disc Golf, a nine-hole disc golf course located at the Tail Water Recreation Area at Cave Run Lake.
- Eagle Trace Golf Course is an 18-hole par 72 championship course which the avid golfer will find challenging.
- Morehead is the home of the Kentucky Folk Art Center, the only center of its kind in the state, dedicated to the skills of unschooled artisans.
- Rowan County Arts Center is the home for artists and includes an art gallery with rotating displays and an auditorium.
- Morehead State University's Space Science Center includes a star theater unlike anything you have ever seen.
- Take a drive and enjoy the view for the Foothills Quilt Trail
- Stop to enjoy our Rowan County Public Library
- See if you can catch our groups from the Center for Tradional Music or the Cave Run Symphony Orchestra
- Schedule a group for the MSU Challenge Course
- Come and see a production from the Morehead Theatre Guild
- For fine art, stop by the Pine Grove Gallery, located in the city or the Claypool-Young Art Gallery, located on the campus of Morehead State University.
- There are also several local craft and antique shops scattered throughout the community.
There are a multitude of opportunities that bring tourists to the region:
If your recreation tastes lean toward the indoor variety, our state-of-the-art Morehead Conference Center features events, conventions, banquets and exhibits at its downtown home in the Morehead Arts District.
For more information on tourists attractions visit Morehead Tourism Commission