St. Claire Regional serves as a 159-bed regional referral center and is the largest rural hospital in northeastern Kentucky. Sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame in Covington, Ky., SCR is a Catholic, not-for-profit hospital. SCR is the second-largest employer in the region with over 1,400 staff.
The medical center is an established training site for the University of Kentucky College of Medicine’s physician residency programs. Additionally, SCR’s medical staff is comprised of over 100 Physicians and surgeons, representing 31 medical and surgical specialties.
In addition to the main campus in Morehead, St. Claire Regional’s operations consist of:
- Cave Run Surgical Specialists – Offers a broad array of surgical procedures, including: general, vascular, thoracic surgery, hand surgery, orthopedic surgery, sports medicine and urological surgery.
- Morehead Medical Specialists – A multi-specialty medical group practice that provides cardiology, family medicine, gastroenterology, hematology/oncology, internal medicine, neurology, pediatrics, physical medicine & rehabilitation and pulmonology services.
- St. Claire Regional Outpatient Center – Offers a broad array of procedures and services, including: advanced wound care, lab services, podiatry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, sleep center, specialty physicians and speech therapy.
- St. Claire Regional Family Medicine – Five comprehensive primary care centers located in Frenchburg, Morehead, Olive Hill, Owingsville and Sandy Hook.
- St. Claire Regional HomeCare – Eight-county home-care service comprised of home health, hospice & palliative care and home medical equipment.
- St. Claire Regional Family Medical Supply – Carries a large inventory of quality home medical supplies and equipment as well as day-to-day healthy living items. FMS is located in the Kroger Shopping Center.
Click here to find a physician or specialist at St. Claire Regional Medical Center.
Morehead and Rowan County also offer: