Morehead and Rowan County boast an educational system second to none. Students of any age can take part in an exceptional education.
Public School—Rowan County School District
- The Rowan County School District has a long history of quality education and graduating excellent students, a pattern which continues into the 21st century.
- Only the seventh school in the Commonwealth to receive District Accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), each school is also fully accredited by SACS.
- One hundred percent of the teachers is ranked Highly Qualified and the district will continue to make academic gains to become the top academically ranked district in the 16th Region.
- The Rowan County School District takes great pride in approaching the work it does as a team effort with the school, the family and the community.
- Private Schools—Lakeside & Farmers Christian Academies
- Lakeside Christian Academy offers an advanced Christian-based curriculum including fundamental core requirements in language arts, math, science and social studies. In addition, it offers Bible, art, physical education, music and choir instruction.
- Farmers Christian Academy offers instruction for preschool through 12th grade. Seniors can graduate with one of four diploma tracts: vocational, general, college-bound or honors.
Maysville Community and Technical College
- The Rowan Campus of Maysville Community and Technical College (MCTC) has a rich tradition of working with area business and industry to offer technical and occupational training. The college continues to respond to the need for customized services to assist with the growth of local businesses.
- Workforce training is enhanced by the partnerships with business and industry leaders who serve on program advisory councils, providing guidance to keep the programs up to date.
- Job placement rates are historically above 90 percent for graduates in every program.
- The college is expanding in numerous ways including giving students more options to transfer to bachelor’s degree programs.
- As a comprehensive community and technical college, MCTC is striving to anticipate and respond to the education needs of our communities.
- A new, $28 million campus will be complete by 2018 in the MMRC Regional Industrial Park. MCTC will partner with Morehead State University for the Center for Advanced Manufacturing.
Morehead State University
The Craft Academy
- The $15.6 million support facility of the Space Science Center opened in 2009. MSU space science degree is one of only four in the nation and is partnering with NASA, industry leaders and others in the future of science and technology.
MSU Space Science Center
- The five-year acceptance rate of MSU students to medically-related professional schools has risen to 81 percent, far exceeding state and national averages.
- In the future, Morehead State will continue to work hard to maintain the fierce loyalty of its alumni, their personal pride of employees, the enthusiastic determination of students, and the hopeful optimism of the citizens who want and need the University’s help to improve their lives.
- The Craft Academy for Excellence in Schience and Mathematics is a duel-credit residential high school for academically exceptions Kentucky strudents.
- It meets the unique education needs of scedemically gifted and talented high school juniors and seniors.
- A college-level ciriculum will allow students to finish high school while also completing up to two years of university coursework.
- Focused on a core of math and schences courses while engaging in electives in arts and hummanities.