Ask ten people what economic development means and you will probably get 10 different answers. It can mean employment, new businesses, educated-trainable workforce, cutting edge/progressive healthcare, good infrastructure, tourism, business expansions. All correct, in summary an improved quality of life.
The mission of the Morehead and Rowan County Economic Development Council, Inc. (EDC) is to oversee and improve all aspects of economic growth. To foster industrial growth for the region we serve by providing first class industrial properties at which businesses may develop and prosper.
Rowan County is home to one of a select few parks designated by the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development as a Regional Business/Industrial Park. Partnered by Menifee-Morgan-Rowan Counties and the Commonwealth of Kentucky this beautiful 509-acre park known as the MMRC, boasts Class – A industrial property. Located only one mile from Interstate 64 the pristine MMRC offers flat, flood-free acreage with great truck access and industrial quality infrastructure ready to locate business and industries diverse in size and products.
We also offer 64 acres in our second business park property located 1.5 miles from I-64 next to our new regional airport. This property has tremendous potential for industry, business, and aviation related companies to accommodate your needs to succeed.
Morehead and Rowan County’s strongest accomplishment is our strong partnerships that continue to grow with industrial, government, education, healthcare, chamber and tourism leadership insuring your long-term support and success.
Rodney Hitch, Executive Director for the Morehead and Rowan County EDC is very proud of the many fine companies located in our business parks and quick to brag about the fantastic work ethic of our regional employees. We encourage you to schedule a tour and see what Morehead and Rowan County has to offer.
A few talking points about our economic development program:
- Interstate 64 - travels through the heart of Morehead and Rowan County.
- 509 acre - MMRC Regional Industrial Park, Class A-1 Park located one mile from I-64 – 368 acres available at $15,000 - $25,000 per acre.
- 64-acre MRAB - Morehead/Rowan County Aviation and Business Park – located 1.5 miles from I-64 and next door to our new regional airport.
- C.A.T. Regional Airport – “New” $18 million, general aviation 5,500 foot runway located next door to industrial properties and I-64.
- Morehead State University- named in the Top Public Universities of the South by USA News and World Report 2008 – 9,000 students and growing.
- Rowan Campus – Maysville Community and Technical College – 98% placements rate for graduates. Highly skilled and ready to work.
- Rowan County Public Schools: Ranked top 100 in the nation by Insight Magazine
- St. Claire Regional Medical Center - Excellent health care services covering a 14 county region.
- Growing city and county providing plethora of shopping, dining and recreation opportunities.
- Cave Run Lake and Daniel Boone National Forest recreation areas.
- Abundant and affordable housing market.
- A strong team of Economic Development professionals ready to make your project a reality.
For more information on how the Morehead and Rowan County Economic Development Council and MMRC may help you succeed contact our office at:
100 Lake Park Drive
Morehead KY 40351