The Morehead Rowan County Chamber of Commerce was established in 1955 by a group of local business owners. Their objective was to improve business methods, public welfare, advance city/county conditions and to advertise the industries and resources of Morehead and Rowan County. Now in its 57th year, the Chamber of Commerce continues to operate under this philosophy.
The Chamber has been fortunate to see steady growth in membership over the years. The people of our community realize the value of staying in touch with each other and having a forum to help in the process to facilitate growth and assist in providing a great quality of life for our area. As our membership continues to grow, it is more important than ever to continue to carry out our mission statement.
Currently, the Chamber helps our member businesses and individuals in a number of ways including:
- Listing on the community website with member promotions and linking capability
- Weekly community news and updates sent directly to you
- New member announcements and promotions
- Monthly luncheon meetings covering topics of state, federal and local interest
- Opportunity to participate in the yearly Chamber Leadership Academy in which future leaders of our community participate in training, and are provided networking opportunities with leaders in our area
- Large, new community project each year with lasting benefits to our area
- Networking opportunities at large gatherings such as luncheons, annual banquet, golf outing, etc.
- Clearinghouse for Chamber member events
- Cooperative and progressive working relationship with Morehead-Rowan County Economic Development Council, Morehead Tourism Commission, Morehead Tomorrow and City, County and State Government
- Promote and assist organization with Grand Openings/Ribbon Cutting ceremonies
- We publish the Morehead-Rowan County magazine for Chamber membership promotions
- Facilitate discussion on community issues
- Always working to make Morehead and Rowan County more business friendly
- Chamber works on many issues and with many entities to strengthen our workforce
- Source to call for any questions regarding our area
- Provide legislative updates that are important to you
- Involved in all aspects of the community
- Recommend everyone to our chamber members for product and services!
There is strength in numbers and the larger the number, the louder the voice, so join us today as an advocate for the business community, education, health care an the missions of the many civic organizations in our area.
Call (606) 784-6221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today to join!