Welcome to the Morehead-Rowan County Chamber of Commerce web site. We live in a community strategically located next to Interstate 64 in Eastern Kentucky that is home to:
- Morehead State University
- Maysville Community and Technical College—Rowan Campus
- St. Claire Regional Medical Center
- Cave Run Lake, Daniel Boone National Forest
- 500 acre MMRC Regional Industrial Park
- A public school system rated one of the top 100 in the nation
- A new 5500', the largest general avaition airport in Eastern Kentucky
- And we are a regional center for shopping, dining, entertainment and recreation while maintaining a small town feel.
Morehead and Rowan County is a progressive community taking the challenges necessary to ensure planned growth and development. Being the first community in the State of Kentucky and only the second in the nation to engage in the NewCities process, through the Kentucky League of Cites, a six-month, citizen driven effort to improve the quality of life and stimulate community and economic development. Through this effort, key decision makers saw the vision of the core values of the community. The work continues as the Morehead-Rowan County New Cities Community Development Corporation strives to see these visions through.
Thank you very much for visiting our web site and we hope that you will choose to take a closer look at this place we are proud to call home!